This is the online portion of Heartsaver CPR/AED/FIRST AID. When you complete the online part and print the certificate, please call and set up a time for your hands on portion.
Call 832-472-2390 for Houston Check-off
Call 903-261-2199 for Longview Check-off
- This product is non-returnable.
- Updated to reflect new science in the 2015 American Heart Association Guidelines for CPR and ECC
- HeartCode® Heartsaver is the AHA’s blended learning delivery method for the Heartsaver course. Blended learning is a combination of e-Learning, in which a student completes part of the course in a self-directed manner, followed by a hands-on session.
- Designed for healthcare professionals and other personnel who need to know how to perform CPR and other basic cardiovascular life support skills in a wide variety of in-facility and prehospital settings
- HeartCode® Heartsaver is the e-Learning component of Heartsaver blended learning. It uses a variety of e-Learning assets such as dramatizations, e-Simulations, animations, self-directed learning, and interactive activities to teach students BLS knowledge and skills. After completing the e-Learning component, students will attend a structured, instructor-led course that focuses on meaningful skills practice, debriefing, team scenarios, discussions of local protocols, and skills testing.
- You must provide an e-mail address when ordering this product. A key and instructional information will be sent to you in order to activate the course online.
After completing the course, students should be able to:
- Describe the importance of high-quality CPR and its impact on survival
- Describe all of the steps of the Chain of Survival and apply the BLS concepts of the Chain of Survival
- Recognize the signs of someone needing CPR
- Perform high-quality CPR for adults, children, and infants
- Describe the importance of early use of an AED and demonstrate its use
- Provide effective ventilations by using a barrier device
- Describe the importance of team dynamics in multi-rescuer resuscitation and perform as an effective team member during multi-rescuer CPR
- Describe the technique for relief of foreign-body airway obstruction (choking) for adults and infants
- Includes in-facility and prehospital tracks; student chooses his/her track before starting HeartCode® BLS modules
- Includes 10 modules, 5 eSimulations, and 2 video tutorials
- eSimulation cases include: 2 adult two-rescuer BLS cases, 1 child one-rescuer BLS case, 1 infant two-rescuer BLS case, and 1 infant one-rescuer BLS case
- Summary of critical concepts provided for each eSimulation case
- Virtual debriefings provided immediately after each eSimulation, with hyperlinks to the referenced section of the BLS Provider Manual
- Includes the following downloadable resources: BLS reference card, alogorithms, team diagram, summary of high-quality CPR components, skills testing checklist, and AHA Chain of Survival
- Online access to the Heartsaver Provider Manual
- Multiple-choice, 25-question exam to test cognitive knowledge
- Certificate of completion available to print after HeartCode® Heartsaver modules and simulations, exam, and course evaluation have been completed successfully
- Access to all information in the course for 24 months following activation.